Saturday, September 13, 2008

An Introduction Is In Order II.

Part I.

Then reality set in.

Rather than leading a technical team through interesting challenges it seemed my main task was to sell our services. I'm not a good salesman. It takes more brass than I have to go knocking on the door at General Dynamics or Douglas Aircraft offering to do a better, faster cheaper job than their own quality assurance department.

It took about a year for everyone involved to realize I wasn't the man for the job. For a short time I went back to being an inspector, but it was too difficult to work side-by-side with people I used to manage.

My adventure ended with me driving across the country with everything I owned packed in a Toyota Celica to turn up tale between my legs at my sister's house in Pennsylvania. Home is that place where when you have to go there they have to let you in.

Part III.

No comments: