Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slave food

For the past few months, as I have begun trying to follow the Primal Diet, the though has occurred to me that grain is slave food.  If became a staple of the human diet in the relatively recent past, with the advent of the Neolithic Revolution and the first historical states, when elites established themselves and exploited the agricultural peasants.  I thought the grain = slave food idea was one not many people would grasp, so it was a pleasant surprise to see this today...
It came to me like a revelation on my morning commute: Bread is a tool of the state. It sounds crazy, I know, but it is clear, and in the weeks since then, the "staff of life," the very symbol of food itself, has become to me a symbol of the domestication of humankind. It has also suggested one more way I can work to strengthen the individual and weaken the state...
Read the rest here...

No comments: