Monday, January 21, 2013

Who Knew My Gas Station Was a Coin Shop?


A few days ago I was in the gas station where I normally fill up and noticed the clerk counting his change from their air pump, vacuum cleaner and cash register.  On a whim I told him if he ever runs across any pre-1965 dimes or quarters I would give him two dollars for each dime and five for each quarter.  He looked at me like I was a little crazy and that was that I thought.  
This morning I went in to get a pack of smokes and he handed me a 1964 Roosevelt dime.  I handed him two bucks and he still looked at me like I was a little crazy, but he took the money.  That's thirty-two cents under current melt. 

And here it is.
 This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
That gas station is in a little shopping center where there are several little Mom and Pop shops.  I'm going to go to all of them and make the same offer.  I don't  know why I didn't think of this before.
Keep stacking.

No comments: